CARA is a program for assignment of NMR resonances in biomacromolecules and was developed in the group of Kurt Wüthrich at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH in Zurich, Switzerland. It continues to be developed and supported and can easily be installed on all major platforms
This is the front page of the CARA documentation Wiki. A Wiki is a platform for joint editing of HTML pages. We use the ZOPE version of a Wiki, called ZWiki. You'll find general Zwiki documentation at ZWiki:ZwikiDocs. The CARA Wiki has a HelpPage, RecentChanges, UserOptions and contents. This Site is running on ZOPE version 2.0.
The Wiki can only be changed by members of the Cara Definition Team. We continue to welcome feedback and suggestions related to the Wiki and to Cara! Please send email regarding the wiki to the CDT. If you have a bug to report or feature you would like to see, you can use the IssueTracker. If you have problems which cannot be solved using the wiki, contact us. We like to hear from users!
Welcome to the new CARA wiki address as of November 2009! Please update your weblinks.
If you find that links are stale or incorrect please let us know.
An overview of CARA's features. Here are some credits.
- Download links
Links to download CARA, templates and documentation, as well as CARA Release Information.
Latest Beta Release: 1.9.0b9 in February 2013
Latest Stable Release: 1.8.4 in April 2007
This is a brief introduction for new users explaining how to become productive with CARA.
Many tutorials are available to introduce you to CARA's new tools and possibilities.
- Frequently asked questions
- Help and Support
- KnownBugs and CARACrash resources
- CaraBlog: CARA's Support, Discussion and Announcement Forum
- IssueTracker: Users should enter feedback on specific issues and bugs here.
A new protein assignment template ProteinSolidState1.0v2.cara for assigning proteins with solid state NMR spectra has been added to the templates download site. (Updated on Feb. 5 2013)
A new beta release 1.9.0b9 is available from the download site. This release adds functionality to the LUA commands to import spectra into projects (e.g. allows naming of imported spectra and various methods of assigning home spectra. The home attribute of pos tags was retired. All peaks now inherit the homeSpectrum of the peaklist they belong to.
- NEWS Last update: February 11, 2013
Latest News on CARA and Cara wiki.
- Extension of CARA model and interface to handle isotope-labeling. This will support the analysis of multiple samples in projects which contain two or more chains with different isotope labeling schemes, site-specific labeling, or partially labeled residues (e.g. perdeuteration with back-protonation).
- LUA API tools for the extension of the menu interface to new functionality by user-programmable scripts.
- CALUA: CARA's scripting language
Documentation, Reference material and Supporting Scripts for CARA's built-in scripting language based on LUA
- >60 Scripts available as of September. 27, 2012.
Navigation in Cara wiki
You can return to this page at anytime by clicking on the Cara icon in the upper left corner of any CARA wiki page.
You can go step-by-step through the wiki by clicking on the link next to "NEXT" at the bottom of each page. This will lead you through all aspects of Cara described in the wiki.
Click on The Basics to get started.
Click on The Tutorials to skip the basics.