CARA is a program for assignment of NMR resonances in biomacromolecules and was developed in the group of Kurt Wüthrich at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH in Zurich, Switzerland. It continues to be developed and supported and can easily be installed on all major platforms
This is the front page of the CARA documentation Wiki. A Wiki is a platform for joint editing of HTML pages. We use the ZOPE version of a Wiki, called ZWiki. You'll find general Zwiki documentation at ZWiki:ZwikiDocs. The CARA Wiki has a HelpPage, RecentChanges, UserOptions and contents. This Site is running on ZOPE version 2.0.
The Wiki can only be changed by members of the Cara Definition Team. We welcome feedback and suggestions related to the Wiki and to Cara! Please send email regarding the wiki to the CDT. If you have a bug to report or feature you would like to see, please contact us. We are currently developing a CARA forum to facilate communication among users. If you have problems which cannot be solved using the wiki, contact us. We like to hear from users!
If you find that links are stale or incorrect please let us know at CDT
An overview of CARA's features. Here are some credits.
- Download links
Links to download CARA, templates and documentation, as well as CARA Release Information.
Current Stable Release: 1.9.0 in February 2013
Latest Beta Release: 1.9.1b18 in September 2015
This is a brief introduction for new users explaining how to become productive with CARA.
Many tutorials are available to introduce you to CARA's new tools and possibilities.
- Frequently asked questions
- Help and Support
- KnownBugs and CARACrash resources
- CaraBlog: CARA's Support, Discussion and Announcement Forum
- IssueTracker: Users should enter feedback on specific issues and bugs here.
NOTICE An archive of the original issue tracker (Nov. 30. 2012) can be found here. The new CARA Forum is online. It will be used for announcements on CARA developments as well as for logging user issues and giving feedback/
- Last update: September 18, 2016
LUA scripts pages were updated to reduce redundancy. There is now only one page with all user scripts.
- UPDATE LoadBmrbStats.lua script stopped working because BMRB changed their datestamp format from MO-DAY-YEAR to MO/DAY/YEAR, updated script to read this.
- NEW ReadCyanaPeakList.lua reads peaklists generated by CYANA which include ambiguous (multiple) assignments
- UPDATE PeakListNumberedByResidue.lua added option to use alias shifts of a spectrum
- UPDATE RecalibrateSpectra.lua option to calibrate all dimensions of selected AtomType if any one of them is part of an INEPT step
- UPDATE ShiftSpinsInCatagory.lua now shifts spins with offset and spins not yet assigned to a residue
- UPDATE CopyProjectedSpinsToOriginSystem.lua fixed a bug.
- UPDATE CreateOriginSystemFromProjectedSpins.lua fixed a bug.
- UPDATE WriteAssignments.lua now writes RNA/DNA chemical shifts, inserts CYANA linker residues
|Latest News on CARA and Cara wiki.|
- Extension of CARA for analysis of 4D spectra
- CALUA: CARA's scripting language
Documentation, Reference material and Supporting Scripts for CARA's built-in scripting language based on LUA
- >60 Scripts available as of September. 27, 2012.
Navigation in Cara wiki
You can return to this page at anytime by clicking on the Cara icon in the upper left corner of any CARA wiki page.
You can go step-by-step through the wiki by clicking on the link next to "NEXT" at the bottom of each page. This will lead you through all aspects of Cara described in the wiki.
Click on The Basics to get started.
Click on The Tutorials to skip the basics.